Understanding individual inboxes

Although you probably initially started using Front to manage team inboxes more effectively (ones like info@company.com), you may find it convenient to add your individual inbox (probably something like firstname.lastname@company.com) to your Front setup so you can check all of your email in one place and enjoy Front's features all the time.

By default, emails arriving in your individual inbox will stay private unless you choose to share them with another team member.

You can share your entire individual inbox with a team member, if you like.

To share a single message at a time from your individual inbox, you can take any of the following actions: 

• Assign the message to another team member
  • Mention a team member in a comment on the message
  • Move the message to another inbox (then it will be shared with the people who can access that mailbox)
4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I've shared an email with my teammate from my individual inbox, synced with the Gmail account. But when she tries to answer it, she gets an error that she can't compose from any channel. How can I grant an access to reply to such shared emails on my behalf?

Reply Like
  • Svetlana Malakhova Hi! Can you send us the Conversation ID for the message she's trying to reply to? Please send it to team@frontapp.com and we'll take a look. Thanks!

Reply Like
  • Hi Cori Morris . If I share an individual email, is there a way to cancel the share?

Reply Like
  • Ben Hi there, yes, you can. If you click the 3 dots at the top, and select Share, you can check/uncheck the teammate you're sharing the conversation with.

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Liked by
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 2274Views
  • 4 Following

Welcome to the Front community!

Whether you're already a Front customer or interested in becoming one, this is your place to come together and discuss the software, register for webinars, and get support from our help center.

If at any point you need assistance, don't hesitate to email us at team@frontapp.com.