Front's tags allow you to add context to a conversation or keep track of certain topics in your inboxes. Below is a list of things you should know about tags.
- Tags are either public or private. If a public tag is added to a private conversation, the conversation will not be made public. If a private tag is added to a public conversation, the tag will only be visible to you.
- You can add tags manually by clicking the +tag button in the subject section. Then type the tag you want to add in the blank text field or scroll to find the tag. Either click the tag to ensure the tag is checked or select Return after typing it. You can add as many tags as you want.
- To create a new tag, click the +tag button in the subject section. A window will appear. Select Create a tag. You will be prompted to give your new tag a name, turn the toggle to make it private (or leave it disabled to make it public), and highlight the tag with a color or emoji (if you want). Private tags will appear with a lock next to it. When you're done, click Create.
- You can highlight tags with colors or emojis, and make it appear in the second pane. This helps to quickly identify urgencies or topics before clicking into the message. To do this, click the applied tag and select Edit. When you select a color, the text of the tag will appear in the selected color. When you select an emoji, only the emoji will appear.
- You can also automatically add tags using rules. To do this, just add an action using the Add tag option. If you need to add multiple tags, you can list more in this same rule.
- The tags management page gives you a complete overview of your public tags (not private tags). To get there, go into your Settings, and select Tags. To edit tag attributes, click on a tag. From there, you can edit the name of the tag, define in which inboxes the tag appears, and delete the tag.
- Tags in Front will not continuously sync with labels in Gmail. They will only sync with Gmail once, and that is if you choose to do a full inbox import of your history. This can only be done if you're a Gmail user connected via IMAP.
Am I right that one can only add tags to his own or company inboxes?
Is there a way to have company-wide tags and to import them instead of adding them manualy?
We think of using tags as "folders" and for the time being to achieve that, each user would need to add manually the same tags, to be able to use it in his own inbox. It seems a bit awkward for us.Reply
Hi Przemysław Cichowicz,
Yes, you are correct. We don't currently have a way to add default private tags for everyone.
At the moment tags are by inbox. We are working on revamping tags, and when we're finished, they will be either by teammate (visible only by this teammate), or by team (visible only by this team).
We'll be sure to let you know when the revamp is live. Hope that helps!Reply
Hi Cori Morris ,
Can I vote for that and see the progress on Front Product Roadmap at Trello Board?
Sure, although, there's no need to vote for it because it's already in progress. It's now on Trello.Reply