How to add and use folders

Folders are a great way to organize your conversations. There are three main ways to move conversations into your folders:

1.  Drag & drop
  2.  Channels
  3.  Rules

Drag & drop

Manually drag and drop the conversation that you'd like to move into a folder.

Channels

Step 1

Go into your Settings, select Inboxes, and Add a team inbox.

Step 2

Select Folder.

Step 3

Name your folder. Then click Next.Step 4

Select the teammates you want to have full access to this folder. Then select Create inbox.Step 5

You can then add a channel if you'd like, but it's not required. Either way, you should now see the new folder in your Team Inboxes section, and start moving emails to this folder.

Rules

Step 1

Go into your Settings, select Rules, and Add a team rule.

Step 2

Create your rule. The action should be to Move to inbox. This rule will automatically move conversations into your folder.

Like Follow Reply
5replies
  • Can I reorder folders that are under TEAM INBOXES? I'd like to move recently created folder on top, but I can't find a way to do it.

Like Reply
  • Hi  Przemysław,

Currently, you cannot reorder inboxes/folders. They are listed alphabetically. One workaround could be to add numbers before the names (i.e. 1-Support). This is on our roadmap, though, so look out for this new feature soon!

Like Reply
  • 1. How can we create subfolders ?

2. How can we create folders that are private to me, and that apear below my private inbox ?

Thank you

MS

Like Reply
  • Hi Miguel,

1. Currently, there is no such thing as subfolders in Front.

2. We’ve temporarily removed the ability to create individual folders. There was an issue where conversations that were moved from a shared inbox to an individual folder become private conversations to that user. So, the team that once had access to the conversation, lost access because it now sits in an individual folder. We’ll be releasing a new behavior for individual folders soon, though.

Thanks!

Like Reply
  • Why can't we set up individual inbox folders?

Like Reply
Mention someone by typing their name
No matching users
Like Follow
  • 1 mth agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 658Views
  • 4 Following

Welcome to the Front community!

Whether you're already a Front customer or interested in becoming one, this is your place to come together and discuss the software, register for webinars, and get support from our help center.

If at any point you need assistance, don't hesitate to email us at team@frontapp.com.