How to change my notification settings

Step 1

Go into your Settings and select Notifications.

Step 2

You can choose to edit notifications for all inboxes at once, or for one inbox at a time, using the dropdown at the top.Step 3

For each type of event listed, you can choose whether you want to receive a notification in the desktop app, mobile app, and/or via email.

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I followed these instructions and I still can't notifications on my phone for my text inbox for my twilio number, any suggestion?

Reply Like
  • Kyle Schanzer Hi there!

Are you using an iPhone or Android? And do you have notifications enabled in your phone settings?

Reply Like
  • Android.  I'm accepting all notifications in my phone for front.  I get all notifications for emails.

Reply Like
  • Kyle Schanzer Can you try enabling the option A contact sends a new chat message in your notification settings? Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Reply Like
  • Cori Morris I changed it, but that didn't work.  I do get a notification on my desktop when i get an sms before i turned on the chat notification option. 

Reply Like
  • Kyle Schanzer Ok, we can try one more thing from our end. In order to do that, we will need your account information. Can you send us an email to get this  going?

Reply Like
  • Reply Like 1
  • Is it possible to get incoming mail notifications on my phone while I'm marked as 'Out of Office'?

I'm currently set up to receive notifications of any incoming emails to a specific Inbox.

I will mark myself as 'Out of Office' at the end of my shift to ensure replies/follow-ups come through to the Unassigned view for maximum visibility.

However this currently means I no longer receive the incoming notifications. I'd like to be able to keep an eye on this Inbox, while ensuring any of my open queries are dealt with by my teammates quickly.

Reply Like
  • Jem Wilkinson Hi there, do you have the 'Do Not Disturb' setting enabled? On mobile, go to Settings > Notifications and see if you have it enabled. If it is, you'll want to disable that.

Reply Like
  • Cori Morris I have never enabled this feature.

I just checked, and it does not turn on by default when I mark myself 'Out of Office'.

Reply Like
  • Jem Wilkinson Ok. What notification are you not getting that you should be getting? I see that you have some notifications disabled on mobile.

Reply Like
  • Cori Morris In the first 'Helpdesk' Inbox, I have specific notifications set up to alert my Phone to any incoming email. Throughout the day, I am notified of any new emails to that Inbox, but once I sign out these are no longer received.

Reply Like
  • Jem Wilkinson, When you log out, you won't receive push notifications anymore.

Reply Like
  • Cori Morris My question is, is there no way to receive them once I log out?

I would still like to receive notifications on my phone (like incoming mail, or @mentions), while allowing the conversations I'm dealing with to go through to 'unassigned' if they are updated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my reasons for 'logging out' are not necessarily the same as if I wanted to activate 'do not disturb'.

Reply Like
  • Jem Wilkinson  you should still be able to receive mobile notifications if you are logged out on your desktop. The specific setting you would want to look at for this would be "whenever a message is sent or received". You can always specify for which inboxes you want a notification for by toggling from "All Inboxes" in the notification settings. 

Reply Like
login to reply
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Liked by
  • 2 wk agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 946Views
  • 5 Following

Welcome to the Front community!

Whether you're already a Front customer or interested in becoming one, this is your place to come together and discuss the software, register for webinars, and get support from our help center.

If at any point you need assistance, don't hesitate to email us at team@frontapp.com.