Import contacts in Front
There are two ways to import contacts to Front:
- Use our contact API - http://dev.frontapp.com/#create-contact
- Email us a .csv file of your contacts, and we'll import it for you
Column headings and naming conventions are critical for import. Below is an example of a .csv file.
The file may only contain the fields listed below. You can include more than one of each field with the number appended (email2, phone2). Here are some examples of the order in which your file should be.
Things to know
- The minimum entry required is one of these: email, phone, or Twitter.
- If no name is provided, then the name field in Front will be populated with the content from the first email, phone, or Twitter.
- It is best for you to provide any phone numbers in international format already (with the + and country code).
- If the link is a URL, then it will be clickable in Front.
- Group is what you have on the left panel in the contact manager in Front; a contact can belong to multiple groups.
- Extra columns and rows need to be removed.
- All contacts will be imported as team contacts.
- All contacts will be imported to the first team on your list.
- There is no way to add contacts to other teams.