Setting up an automated email for no response

I am looking at setting up a workflow that would look like this:

If I send an email to a client (we might have 100s), we require a response within 24 hours.

If they do not response after 24 hours, I would like to send an automatic reply asking for an update similar to a canned response.

If I am the one sending the original email (not receiving it), it there any way for me to auto-send the message again if we don't receive a reply to that email from the particular recipient of the email within 24 hours?

I know I can auto send a canned response but I think my needs are a bit different.

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Paul Cross you set up a rule that says "when outbound message, if unreplied after 24 hours, reply with canned response." You can then determine which canned response to use. More info in this related article: https://community.frontapp.com/t/k965q9/how-to-create-time-based-rules

Reply Like
  • Helena Li Thanks so much I'll give it a try. I tried something similar by sending an email to my own personal email but I didn't receive a follow-up.  

Reply Like
  • Helena Li Is there any way to carry this on for another rule?

Let's say:

1. If a customer doesn't respond to the first email, send canned response #1 in rule #1 Rule

Set up another rule to do the same, but this time if the customer doesn't reply to the canned response sent automatically in Rule 31 

2. If a customer doesn't respond to Canned response #1, use Rule 2 to send Canned Response #2

As canned response 1 would be sent via a rule, can the flow of an unreplied email be used for this?

Reply Like
  • Paul Cross Yes, you can do that by creating 3 different rules, each with a different wait time and the respective canned response. For instance, rule 1 would say "if unreplied after 1 day, send canned response 1." Rule 2 would say "if unreplied after 2 days, send canned response 2" and so forth. You aren't able to use rules to directly trigger other rules, but setting up 3 separate rules will achieve the effect you're looking for.

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like Follow
  • 2 wk agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 83Views
  • 2 Following

Welcome to the Front community!

The Front community is your place to come together and discuss the product, register for webinars, and get support from our help center.

Webinars

New to Front or need to refresh your skills? Join us for live training sessions every week! Check them all out here.

If at any point you need assistance, please don't hesitate to email us: team@frontapp.com.