Spell check

Mac

Front uses the native OS X spell checker.

Windows

Currently there's no way to manually tell the Windows app what language to use. We do offer spell check in various languages, but the Windows app will detect and adapt to the language of the system it’s being used on, and choose the corresponding dictionary.

Disabling spell check on Windows is not possible.

5replies
  • Is there a system setting we can change to specify using a UK language for spell check?

Reply Like
  • Hi John,

Unfortunately not. The above information is really all there is to say on spell check.

Reply Like
    • Rob Driessen
    • Application Expert - Customer Contact
    • 3 mths ago
    • Reported - view

Hi  Cori ,

the Windows app will detect and adapt to the language of the system it’s being used on

Does Front also do this when logging in through the site in stead of the Windows App?

Reply Like
  • I use OS X (10.12.3) and Front is up to date (3.3.7). When I right-click in the composer window in Front I can´t find Spelling and Grammar or something similar. Also the keyboard-shortcut to Spelling and Grammar does not work.

Reply Like
  • Hi Martin,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We just recently launched a new version of the Mac app, and unfortunately, this is not relevant anymore. We are, however, working on improving the spell check feature.

I will update this article now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like Follow
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 365Views
  • 4 Following

Welcome to the Front community!

Whether you're already a Front customer or interested in becoming one, this is your place to come together and discuss the software, register for webinars, and get support from our help center.

If at any point you need assistance, don't hesitate to email us at team@frontapp.com.